Thursday, September 24, 2009

keep on walking

This week has been a tough week...
*anatomy and physiology lab quiz (and 8 hours of studying beforehand)
*anatomy and physiology lecture test (just got out from the test. Studied for about 10 hours)
*psychology of learning test tomorrow morning (and I only started studying this afternoon!)
*writing a paper for my sport psychology class
*going witnessing with the other Bible study leaders in Navigators
*creating flyers to advertise for the Honors program here at A&M and trying to get them approved
*my roommate got sick last Saturday and only started feeling better today
*my bike got stolen (and it had a flat tire, too!)
*it's rained almost every day for the last two weeks
*yesterday and today it was in the mid-60s... way too early for hoodie weather in Texas!
*and sleep seems to allude me even when I finally collapse into bed around 2:30am.

but even then, life moves on. God is still on His throne. My family still loves me. My friends still care about me. My laundry still piles up. Classes still meet. The sun still rises and sets. The frozen dinners in my freezer are still better than the food on campus.

And I am reminded that there are only 3 things that I really need to be concerned with.
God.
The moment.
And the people in that moment.

Focus on God. Let tomorrow take care of itself. Everything will fall into place. Keep doing the next right thing. Keep going. I may not be able to skip, run, or dance, but I can keep walking. Look around me and see the others that are right there alongside me. Studying with me. Stressing with me. Living with me. Lean on the others and keep plowing ahead.

and I think I can do that.

"Therefore I tell you, DO NOT WORRY about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. IS NOT LIFE MORE IMPORTANT than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly FATHER feeds them. Are you not much more VALUABLE than they? Who of you by WORRYING can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27 NIV


4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! This post really ment allot to me!
Thanks for sharing what the Lord is doing in your life!

Joanna

Christi said...

I think our Oregon weather went down to Texas... it's been in the 80s and 90s, and NO rain for over a week... I think I'm ready for the rain! :) Katie, know that I'm praying for you!

teresa's blog said...

Thanks for the reminder that God is still on His throne not matter what life brings us! praying for you friend...we do need to have that talk sometime! =)

Dominique said...

WOW =D Katie you have always been a GREAT encouragement to me! You are AMAZING! God's light is shining through your life and I have the privilege to see the BEAUTIFUL glow of our savior pour out through you =)
I LOVE YOU!