Monday, February 21, 2011

Jello...

Today was all about Jello... I don't think I've ever heard so many analogies using Jello in one day!

It started with my 10:20am Exercise Biomechanics professor likening the squiggly stuff to the matrix component of connective tissue found within your body. It was just too "Facebook quoteable" to not post it! (Ok fine, I'm one of THOSE students who will occasionally text during class!)


Then a friend of mine continued on the medical analogies with: 

Then tonight at leadership meeting for all the Navigator's Bible study leaders Susanna shared another Jello analogy related to verse 1 of  this week's passage, 2 Timothy 2:1-13. 
"You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus."
 2 Timothy 2:1
Paul exhorts Timothy to be strong in grace, implying that we can be strong
 in lots of other things. Grace isn't the first thing that comes to mind when 
someone says "strong." A little like Jello--ever tried to get the bottom hard 
layer off the bowl when you forgot to completely dissolve the powder?
 Jello can be strong stuff!

Now, if you'll excuse me. My microwave's just finished boiling my 1 C. of water... 

*proceeds to tear open packet of strawberry powdered happiness*

No comments: