Saturday, February 5, 2011

Songs and Statuses


Does it bug you when people post song lyrics as their Facebook or IM statuses? It used to... until I found myself doing the same thing.

I figure, if someone else has taken the time to find the perfect words (and they've made those words famous/gotten quite a bit of money from those words) why should I try to find some other way to say the same thing?

And I also figure that if someone sees my status and moves right on because they don't understand it, they obviously don't know me that well. When I get a Facebook comment, a "like," or even a text with either "that's perfect, I totally agree!" or "I'm getting the vibe you're not OK, wanna talk about it?" I know those people care. 

I figure, the people who need to know will understand what I'm (not) saying... and the rest of the world can just read some great lyrics and remember a wonderful song. 

BTW, I'm kind of in love with the faded lyrics, a blog dedicated to bringing Taylor Swift's words to life. Check it out.

No comments: